In celebration of Earth Day this Saturday, Apr. 22, Miami University student groups, academic departments will be hosting several events this week focusing on the environment and sustainability. Be sure to check them out!
- Wednesday, Apr. 19, from 6-8 p.m. in Shideler 152, Green Oxford is hosting a showing of the movie “SEED: The Untold Story” about the near extinction of irreplaceable seeds.
- Thursday, Apr. 20 from 12:10-12:55 p.m. there will be Spring Bloom Walks with Dan Garber hosted by Benefits and Wellness. Walks begin from Upham Arch.
- Friday, Apr. 21 from 4-5 p.m. Miami alumna Heather Royston, North American Director for Oil and Gas for Environmental Resources Management will speak on environmental consulting in Shideler 1.
- Saturday, Apr. 22 from 9 a.m. -12 p.m., Earthfest, hosted by National Association for Environmental Professionals, will take place in Uptown Park. Check out more information here.
- Saturday, Apr. 22 from 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Associated Student Government will host a sister March for Science beginning at the Armstrong Student Center (meet at the Spring Street doors). Several scientists at Miami University will be speaking at the event, including the Director of the Institute for the Environment and Sustainability, Dr. Johnathan Levy. Check out more information on their Facebook event and on the national march’s website.